If you read our blog article in April, then you know that for our 40th anniversary in the construction industry, we are giving back to our community. To do that, we asked employees to send in a list of charities that were important to them and we made a list of 40 to support throughout the year.
During the first quarter we supported Cleveland Christian Home by making Easter baskets for the kids who stay at their Residential Treatment Center, St. Baldrick Foundation/ShaneRock for one of our employees who shaved his head to support cancer research and we sponsored the Kidney Foundation of Ohio’s annual gala. We also collected much needed items for Laura’s Home Women’s Crisis Center, walked to support those with Marfan syndrome, hosted a blood drive for the Red Cross Cleveland and then volunteered at the Cleveland Food Bank putting together lunches for kids.
For the second quarter, we cooked dinner at Ronald McDonald House with Melt Bar & Grilled for families currently staying at the house, employees brought in new and gently used children’s books for local kids at the Cleveland Kids Book Bank and we walked across downtown Cleveland to support those with Multiple Sclerosis. Our employees also made sweets and snacks for children and families that attended meetings at The Gathering Place and collected urgently needed dogs items for Live Love Rescue.
We are supporting the following nonprofits during the third quarter of 2018:
- Special Olympics of Ohio with a team for their Cleveland Plane Pull.
- Cleveland APL by sponsoring a cage in their kennel.
- Dress for Success by collecting new or gently used women's suits for local women entering or reentering the work place.
- Velosano Bike for the Cure by supporting an employee that is participating in the 12 mile ride for cancer research.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital by making a team and walking in their Greater Cleveland fundraiser.
- Guidestone OH by collecting new and gently used items for the children and families they serve.
Follow us on our social media sites to keep up with our progress on hitting 40 charities this year!